Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Limbo Week

You know what I mean? The week between Christmas and New Years, when no one does anything constructive! Hubby's company is shut down, their suppliers aren't supplying, etc... I swear, no one does anything but shop!

The kids brought the grandkids over on the 23rd for Christmas--they got presents, ate, fed the alpacas, played on the playground.... Then they went back home, to begin the 'gifting' orgy that happens with the other grandparents. We did nothing on the 24th...Hubby was still recovering from the food poisoning on Wednesday. Then Christmas Day we drove to Louisville and hung out with our friends and all their dogs, and all our dogs--what a zoo! We stayed over and drove back yesterday.

We didn't hear anything from the 'rock stars', who drove to Mankato for the Holidays. I'm assuming they made it! And no doubt had a fine time, and will turn back up in Indiana next weekend. Maybe even in time for our son's birthday party on New Year's Day.... Of course it's supposed to rain and/or snow next weekend, so it's hard to tell.

Now it's time to box up the Christmas goodies and get back to what passes for 'normal'. I still have a sock to finish this year! LOL!

Happy New Year!

No comments: