Still too wet to work in the Midwest!
Obviously, the "Campground Hosts" gig didn't work. Those slots were already filled.... Anyhow, we're back on our "Hill" where there's no rent and the IL electric companies have doubled the rates! We've been 'reclaiming' our property from last year's thieves. They didn't leave much, but mess. It's starting to look civilized up here, flowers have come up, the peony bushes are growing and we've planted more cedars. Getting ready to do some fencing...
The fence will only be 3' high, since that's how
Hubby signed up for a training class the Union is scheduling for next month that might land him in a pipeline job this summer. One of the things that will help him get onto this job is the fact that the Company wants people who will move with them as they progress across IL and IN... :) That would be US! We'll see how it goes....
There were 5 deer right across the road this morning, when I took the puppy out early. Of course, I had no camera at hand.... Looked like a 'family'...there was a buck, doe, yearling and fawns... Way cool!
Meanwhile, I've entered some of my 'stuff' into the County Art Show... Judging is today, followed by a reception. I entered my "Distracted" quilt...the one I made last month with Hubby under foot and unemployed! Plus, I put in a beaded leather pouch and Indian medallion necklace. Most of the stuff in the Show seems to be 'wall art'--sketches, paintings, and 3 little art quilts. A cash prize would be nice...SOLD would be even better! :)
So, today's project is to begin sorting through the stuff I stored last Fall, get out some warm weather clothes, put up the down parkas, vests and heavy down comforter for starters... I love sucking the air out of those plastic storage bags... :) AND getting all that bulky stuff out of the trailer makes it feel a lot bigger in here!
Gotta get busy. Weatherman is threatening us with a week of rain, again. Doesn't sound good for Hubby getting work soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment