Some things just aren't meant to be... The caretaker job I found in AZ would have been a really good match for us--if we were completely debt free and had a pension check coming in... I think we would have enjoyed running the ranch and museum in SE AZ for years to come--but not for $1000 a month! Oh well... We're still negotiating on the NE job... They at least want to pay real money!
Meanwhile, it rained in the Midwest, for a change. The farmers can't get into their fields and the construction jobs aren't running! It may be time to go apply for jobs at Walmart! UGH. Maybe Taco Bell? Double UGH.
Hubby got the salvaged guttering put on the garage, ahead of this last bunch of storms, we've planted more trees, eaten the asparagus, stuck more peony bushes into the ground, and started sorting through the storage junk mess that the thieves left for us. We're making progress! :) The supposed 'owners' of that junk mobile home called and begged for a week to get it off our property--it' s been 2. So, Hubby has started junking what's left inside. So far, we have an almost new water heater and a Maytag washer and gas dryer--plus electrical outlets to install in the garage... Next move is to call the local scrap buyer to come get the husk...lots of aluminum in the siding!
I entered stuff in the Art Show, but didn't win any prizes. Since 90% of the exhibits are paintings and they only had ONE JUDGE, this isn't too surprising... I might still sell a piece or two before it's all over, tho.... :)
More rain and storms due in here today... I'm starting to believe that the last 8 soggy months are a product of Global Warming!
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment