Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Campground Owner Story

I forgot to do the 'dumb owner' story! I think I mentioned the fact that the guy who owns this place is a bit on the 'odd' side? Like, he owns a whole lot of really nice equipment for keeping up the campground. There's a small tractor, a garden tractor, an expensive riding mower, a big leaf vac, a log splitter, golf cart, a chipper/shredder, and more... ALL of which spent the winter sitting out in the weather, uncovered despite the fact that there are 3 big shelters in the campground. Well, the other day the guy next door stopped at the dumpster to toss something and discovered a gasoline powered leaf blower in there. The plastic handle was broken (from being out in the sun, no doubt) and the pull handle had broken off the starting rope. So, he fished it out, fixed it, and fired it up. It runs beautifully! So he goes and offers to give it back to the campground guy--but he doesn't want it!!!! So, we gave the neighbor $20 for it. I DON'T UNDERSTAND!

No comments: