61 degrees and foggy.... Gotta love that Feb. thaw!
This morning a lady called, in tears, to ask about Molly B (our 'middle child'). She and her husband had just lost their 14 year old dog last week and had seen her picture on Petfinder.com. They drove for 3 hours to come and see her--and took her home with them. :(
Yes, it's for the best. We had too many 'kids' to haul around the Country. I have had to stay home with them while Keith went places like his appointments at the VA in Indy. Too many dogs to take along overnite, too many to board out, too crowded in our 'house'--and then there was the fact that Keith has had a lot of allergy trouble ever since we brought her home with us, 4 years ago. Lots of good reasons to adopt out one of our dogs--but it feels like cheating, somehow, to just give her away.
The couple who took her were really happy, and they will spoil her silly and fuss over her like we never have. And she won't have to compete for attention! Oh, my goodness no! Anyway, I still feel guilty, but I'll get over it one of these days.
Meanwhile, VA says Keith is healing nicely. 2 more weeks to go on that.... Tomorrow he gets to spend the day on the phone, calling Locals and getting on their out-of-work lists for pipeline work. You gotta KNOW he's looking forward to that! But he's gotta do what he's gotta do!
I've got more gourd bowls and more wax.... :) This time I'm experimenting with an owl motif--we'll see how it comes out....
Monday, February 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment