Well, the winds of change are blowing. The leaves are nearly all on the ground, and there's SNOW in the forecast for tomorrow! Right now it's 63 degrees and misting rain....Big Turkey Day plans are in motion. Everyone is gathering at our house (er, garage, since the RV only holds 5 or 6 people!) We've got 2 turkeys and a turkey breast ready to thaw and inject and fry in peanut oil. Meanwhile, I've done a great job of parceling out the dishes. :) Aside from clearing the garage and making it festive enough, shooting up the birds, I have 2 pumpkin pies, a persimmon pudding, and bread to bake! :) If I had more kids, I'd have less to cook! LOL!
Keith finishes pipeline school today and will know if he passed and we can start hunting a job. As usual, he's sure he can't be good enough... We really messed up, tho. We overlooked the fact that he had a room in the Drury Inn for 2 weeks and we could have taken the kids up to swim and stuff on the weekend. :(
I just scored a cool Christmas gift for our grandson! Back before we were robbed, we had 2 SLR cameras, with lenses and filters and all the goodies. Gone now. So, Connor has discovered film cameras and we didn't have the Minolta that Keith bought in 1968 in Thailand to pass on to him--I ran a lot of film through that camera.... sigh. BUT I went on eBay and found and won a similar one, bag and all, for $23.00!!! It came today, I've loaded it and shot some images. Everything is working fine--I just have to get a roll processed before I break into a 'happy dance'!
Meanwhile, I wish you all a happy holiday with friends and/or family.....

No comments:
Post a Comment